UNITE joined forces with International AIDS Society at IAS 2019 Mexico City, engaging civil society, Members of Parliament and Senators to achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals for HIV.
July 22-24: International AIDS Society (IAS) 2019 – Mexico City, Mexico
Together with IAS, UNITE organised a panel session at the IAS 2019, titled ‘Joint forces: Civil society and political action to achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals for HIV’. Chaired by Terri Ford, AHF’s Chief of Global Advocacy and Policy, the session gathered parliamentarians, senators, and civil society representatives. The session additionally marked UNITE’s membership expansion to 50 countries and was the only session with official elected representatives in the IAS conference program.
- (Chair)Terri Ford – Chief of Global Advocacy and Policy, AHF
- Saimone Macuiana – Member of Parliament, (Chairperson for HIV Committee, Mozambique
- Patricia Mercado – (Senator, Mexico)
- Thomas Duane (Former State Senator, New York)
- Ricardo Baptista Leite – Member of Parliament, (Portugal; Founder & President, UNITE Global Parliamentarians Network)
- Angélica Ospina-Escobar – Founder & Activist, (Redumex, Mexico)