UNITE upcoming Activities:
UNITE will be organising with WHS a session on ‘Securing Political Leadership for Communicable Diseases & Global Health’ during World Health Summit 2019, on October 27th at 2 pm at Room 10 – Asia.
October 27th: World Health Summit – Berlin, Germany
United Nations Political Declaration on Universal Health Coverage stressed the need for inclusive, accessible, affordable health care and the importance of international support and long-term, sustainable financing from domestic governments.
Therefore, this the panel will include high-level speakers and will aim to create a concrete impact in the decision-making process to achieve the elimination of communicable diseases.
Ms Gunilla Carlsson, UNAIDS Executive Director a.i., will be the keynote speaker and UNITE’s Founder & President, Ricardo Baptista Leite MP, MD, will be chairing the session.
Completing the speaker panel:
- Esther Passaris OGW – Member of Parliament, Kenya; UNITE Chapter Chair for Eastern & Southern Africa
- Alan Donelly – Former Member of UK Parliament & European Parliament; Convener of the G20 Health and Development Partnership
- Sanne Fournier-Wendes – Chief of Staff, UNITAID (TBC)
- Christine Goffinet – Professor of Virology, Berlin Institute for Health
- Jaak Peters – Head of the Global Public Health, Johnson & Johnson
Please save the date!