UNITE is seeking to immediately fill the full-time position of Head of Fundraising and Resource Mobilization.
UNITE is an independent, non-profit, global network of current and former members of parliament. Our global network of parliamentarians is divided into 10 Regional Chapters, each chaired by a parliamentarian leading political impact in that region. Our work focuses on: HIV and AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Waterborne Diseases, and Neglected Tropical Diseases.
We believe that we can effect tangible change through uniting the voices of parliamentarians across the world, beyond ideology, to unite in one voice that will ensure that no life is limited by infectious disease.
We call on our global network of parliamentarians to hold governments accountable and to commit to the use of political levers, such as resource allocation and the promotion of crossparty collaboration, to improve global health. UNITE’s work looks to influence key cross-cutting policy areas such as the implementation of the UN SDGs, universal health coverage, vulnerable populations, drug policy, vaccination coverage, antimicrobial resistance, and public health preparedness. More information can be found at www.unitenetwork.org.
The candidate will support UNITE’s needs to broaden and strengthen funding sources, while also focusing on fundraising for the launch of UNITE’s Global Summit. The Global Summit will be held virtually on September 7-8, 2020 and will physically take place in Lisbon, Portugal in September 2021. The Summit will bring together for the first time UNITE’s 120+ members of parliament from 60+ countries. The event will also bring together UNITE’s academic partners, international organizations, civil society, philanthropic organizations, and the private sector.
UNITE is a rapidly growing organization and we are looking for a strong leader to help us build long term institutional stability. This role will be critical in supporting the direction and strategy of UNITE’s fundraising activities.
As Head of Fundraising, you will:
- Lead engagement and communications across UNITE’s fundraising and revenue channels to grow pipelines with multinational, foundation and private donors
- Lead fundraising for the launch of UNITE’s Global Summit 2021, while generating income for core organizational and project specific costs
- Develop a fundraising strategy to increase UNITE’s portfolio of funders and donors, including private sector and innovative finance within global health
- Represent and manage relationships with partners, donors, and external public relations firms
- Perform other duties as assigned, or work on other projects as needed, in service of the UNITE’s objectives to fundraising
What we are looking for: ·
- Minimum 2 years-experience in generating and maintaining funding for global health or similar organizations.
- Strong track record in resource mobilization; with an established global network, preferred.
- Understanding of global health and funding for international NGOs, preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proactive and strong work ethic; start-up mentality
- Ability to adapt easily to change within a fast paced, multicultural environment and is a team player
What we offer you:
- A dynamic, collaborative, and international working environment
- Autonomy to develop fundraising initiatives while contributing to the overall strategic direction of the organization
- Opportunities to travel internationally and represent UNITE in high level meetings with access to a wide range of contacts and networking opportunities ·
- Benefits that include 22 days of holidays a year, holiday pay and Christmas bonus, and a monthly meal card to cover lunch expenses or groceries
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UNITE is located in Lisbon, Portugal.